The new AFS Connect Magnum series tractor gives producers the freedom to adjust, manage, monitor and transfer data the way they want.
In addition to a redesigned cab, a new Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) Vision Pro operating system, AFS Pro 1200 display, and Automated Brake Assisted Steering, the new Case IH Magnum 400 features 435 peak horsepower.
Precisely manage farm, fleet and data
The AFS Connect portal is a gateway to the AFS Connect Magnum series tractor. It allows producers to precisely manage their farm, fleet and data from a desktop or mobile device anywhere while securely transferring data to and from the cloud.
Users can log in to AFS Connect to view current field operations, fleet information, agronomic data and more, remotely keeping an eye on their operation, whether they are in or outside the cab. Farm owners and managers then have the freedom to share selected agronomic data — down to the field level — with third-party partners of their choosing.
Text continues underneath image
An LED grill headlight option and 360-degree egress lighting assist in nighttime operations. Telescoping mirrors are adjustable from the cab. - Photos: Case IH
Added connectivity with these 3 features provides more support, reducing downtime and keeping operators in the field:
- Remote display viewing allows a manager or dealer to view exactly what an operator is seeing on the AFS Pro 1200 display in the cab to help identify problems and gain deeper insight.
- Dealers can also use remote service support to remotely identify maintenance and service needs to proactively determine what parts are needed, without ever needing to visit the operation.
- Remote software updates allows for wireless updates to the operating system.
The driving force behind the AFS Connect Magnum 400 is the upgraded 21-by-5 transmission, 21 speeds forward and 5 reverse. Redesigned to handle additional power to the ground, the transmission allows for constant 435 peak horsepower to the ground with 10% power growth in both wheeled and Rowtrac configurations. Having constant peak power to the ground in the only 400 horsepower Rowtrac tractor on the market, gives producers increased productivity in high-speed planting, heavy tillage applications and spring seedbed prep
New systems in the cab
Three new system components in the cab work in sync to simplify and elevate the AFS Connect Magnum: AFS Pro 1200 display, AFS Vision Pro operating system and AFS Vector Pro receiver. These are to enable farmers to configure precision farming functionality and tractor systems the way they want:
- The new AFS Pro 1200 display is designed for intuitive navigation and optimum visibility on even the brightest days. Remote display viewing connects operators with farm managers seamlessly, and Bluetooth capabilities pair the display with a mobile phone to bring everything onto one display.
- The new AFS Vision Pro operating system is familiar and easy to use. Producers can configure their AFS Vision Pro operating system to their choosing, using technology to tailor the tractor to their operating preferences and using preprogrammed hot keys to make on-the-fly adjustments to quickly adapt to changing conditions.
- The AFS Vector Pro receiver streamlines guidance correction options, ranging from base (WAAS and AFS 1) to medium (AFS 2) to high (RTK and RTK+) accuracy levels. Whether it is a cellular-, satellite- or radio-delivered correction, the goal is to drive efficiency. Efficiency is accomplished with pass-to-pass and year-to-year repeatability paired with proven performance from AccuGuide™ autoguidance and complimented by a simplified setup and process.
Text continues underneath image
Additional storage compartments, multiple cup holders and numerous charging and data ports add to the operator experience, and a telescoping steering wheel and full-glass door with no center pillar improve visibility.
Refined MultiControl armrest
The refined MultiControl armrest has 8 control buttons, a MultiFunction Handle with 4 programmable hot key buttons, and an encoder knob for total control at the operator’s fingertips.
Four camera feeds can be viewed on the AFS Pro 1200 display, with two cameras standard on the luxury cab configuration; these improve visibility day and night.
The AFS Connect Magnum 400 is available for preorder in late 2019 and will be available in summer 2020.