CNH Industrial fully unveils its AGXTEND innovation platform, through which start-ups and technology companies supply CNH Industrial with their technologies.
The AGXTEND innovation platform is officially available since January 1st, 2019.
Through cooperation with start-ups and technology companies, the platform is to help further advance digitalisation in agriculture. In this way, AGXTEND gives CNH Industrial the opportunity to put innovations into practice quickly and easily through strategic partnerships.
Huge potential of precision farming
“With AGXTEND, we want to further exploit the huge potential of precision farming applications,” says Maximilian Birle, Head of Product Management AGXTEND.
“A multitude of special solutions, a lack of networking of different brands and a lack of availability of new technologies still leave a lot of room for improvement in this sector. AGXTEND offers a new approach that takes up this challenge and simplifies everyday agricultural work”.
Text continues underneath image
One of the technologies available through the AGXTEND platform is the SoilXplorer soil sensor and the ISOBUS DepthXcontrol kit. - Photos: CNH Industrial
Unite start-ups under the AGXTEND umbrella
Since the official launch, several start-ups have signed contracts to supply CNH Industrial with their technologies, with a focus on a partnership-based relationship. In the future, the goal is to unite further disruptive start-ups under the AGXTEND umbrella. Partners include not only start-ups, but also experienced partners from various sectors of the economy:
- AppsforAgri: Together with AppsforAgri, AGXTEND offers the FarmXtend solution – environmental sensors with added value. The user benefits from a reliable 14-day weather forecast from the system’s weather station and intuitive and simple decision making aids via the app.
- Geoprospectors: AGXTEND offers the SoilXplorer soil sensor and the ISOBUS DepthXcontrol kit.
- Zasso: Together with AGXTEND, this supplier for nonchemical weed control presents the Electroherb electronic system for completely herbicide-free weed control.
- Fritzmeier Umwelttechnik: This company, which specialises in biotechnology, microbiology and precision farming, is AGXTEND’s partner for the CropXplorer Basic and CropXplorer plant sensors.
- Dinamica Generale: This globally-operating company specialises in electronic solutions, weighing systems and NIR sensor technology.
- Stenon GmbH: Together with Stenon, AGXTEND offers the real-time soil analysis system XLab.
Text continues underneath image
Together with AGXTEND, Zasso presents the Electroherb electronic system for completely herbicide-free weed control.
According to CNH INdustrial, AGXTEND not only offers many different revolutionary technologies, but also a complete package. “The universal platform approach aids the interaction of the different products to achieve more efficiency and simplified work steps, to enable farmers and contractors to benefit directly from the new technologies in practice,” says the company.
These technologies can not only be used with the standard farm vehicle platform, the tractor, but are ‘robotready’, says CNH Industrial.