Tools & data
Less soil compaction with AgroPressure by Michelin
Michelin and 365FarmNet introduce AgroPressure for real time tire pressure calculation.
The new software tool AgroPressure by Michelin is available on the platform of 365FarmNet. With this component, farmers are able to calculate the appropriate tire pressure in real time to optimize the traction of the tire. According to Michelin and 365FarmNet, it also reduces pressure losses and operating costs (fuel consumption) and limits soil compaction, regardless of the brand of tire.
Text continues underneath image
With AgroPressure, farmers are able to calculate the appropriate tire pressure in real time to optimize the traction of the tire. - Photos: Koos Groenewold
Protecting the soil
AgroPressure by Michelin is designed to get the most out of the tires and the tractor, while at the same time protecting the soil. It’s a free solution that automates multiple steps (also see the video at the bottom of this article).
Once connected to his 365FarmNet account, the farmer first selects the component AgroPressure by Michelin. He is then guided step by step through the solution.
- He defines the correct tire pressure for each field activity, based on the equipment used and the prevailing soil conditions.
- He simulates different conditions to get an overview of the risks of soil compaction (analyzes from the partnership between Michelin and Terranimo, University of Bern).
- He integrates several parameters to benefit from the most accurate recommendation: tire type, pressure conditions, ground conditions, vehicles, etc.
- If there is a risk of compaction, he automatically receives a warning.
- If the risk is too high, he can adjust his parameters (load, tool, pressure) before working in the field.
Once the optimum pressure has been defined, the farmer can store the data and access it later. This saves time and at the same time he also benefits from automated technical expertise.
Tire pressure recommendation
The component provides a pressure recommendation based on a clear overview. “It makes it easy for the farmer to make the best choice to protect the soil and increase yields,” according to Michelin and 365FarmNet.
A list of tire brands is available in the component. For Michelin tires, the pressure is calculated automatically. For other manufacturers, the farmer calculates the pressure manually. The result is a simulation that provides a decision-making aid.
With the Terranimo functionality of the University of Berne, the farmer optimizes the choice of his tractor/implement combination. He then performs the pressure calculation only once. The data is stored and available at any time.
The video below is in French, but gives you an idea of how AgroPressure works
To comment, register here
Or register to be able to comment.