Tools & data
Netafim launches new irrigation filter and monitoring system
Netafim launched of its AlphaDisc filter. The filter is to protect irrigation systems against clogging caused by organic contaminants, and enable growers to more uniformly irrigate crops, leading to better productivity, cost savings and peace of mind.
Netafim’s AlphaDisc filter was developed in partnership with Amiad, a producer of water treatment and filtration solutions. According to precision irrigation specialist Netafim, AlphaDisc ‘provides the ultimate in irrigation system protection with its combination of precise depth filtration, substantial capacity to contain dirt and a unique easy-to-scale modular design that helps manage changing flow rates and water quality needs’.
This is monitored by a remote sensing system and algorithms that provide farmers with online data and insights.
Water quality deteriorating
Netafim says up to seventy percent of water used for agriculture is surface water from reservoirs, lakes, canals, and ponds. This water can contain considerable amounts of algae and other organic contaminants that increase the risk of clogging. Furthermore, climate change, pollution, and the growing usage of reclaimed water means water quality is deteriorating, says the precision irrigation specialist.
Text continues underneath image
AlphaDisc is to provide the ultimate in irrigation system protection with its combination of precise depth filtration, substantial capacity to contain dirt and a easy-to-scale modular design (the image shows a 'Trio' system). - Photo: Netafim
Increasing need for effective filtration
Therefore, growers have an increasing need for effective filtration to prevent full and partial clogging and to protect their irrigation systems for sustainable long-term performance.
The AlphaDisc filter and monitoring system is to help growers adapt to changing conditions and stay productive through the efficient use of available surface water.
Netafim says the main benefits of AlphaDisc are:
- Improved disc design with precise high-grade filtration through all depths of the disc for better clogging protection.
- High filtration volume and area, coupled with low rates of head loss, ensuring higher particle capture, fewer backflush cycles, and less downstream disruption.
- Modular design offers easy scalability as needs evolve.
- Low backflush flow rate and low head loss, which results in a more cost-effective irrigation system.
- AlphaDisc smart controller: Innovative controller with “always on” access to filtration data; IP65 rating.
- Vertical installation for a better designed, more cost-effective irrigation room.
To comment, register here
Or register to be able to comment.